Sunday, October 27, 2013

Another style


Gotta have different styles. Gotta be versatile. Anyway, I think it's better to be versatile. Here are two updated versions (the most updated one is the image on top) of a pencil drawing, which, in the first version, took me about half an hour from beginning to finish (the work on the updated versions didn't take long either). It's a pretty big drawing, the paper is 9" by 12".  I initially used a reference: the first version was adapted from inked pencil artwork by John Romita Jr. from a panel in Amazing Spider-Man #213 in Essential Amazing Spider-Man Vol.10 (which is the same size as a comic book), I just looked at the panel and adapted the drawing to a much bigger size, the panel is about 1.5" by 2".

I may scan the actual panel later to show the difference, the girl I drew with a pencil (whereas the source version is inked) looks like a different but similar girl from the one in the Spider-Man comic. Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment